Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Done!

The show is now over! We had an excellent weekend! The kids did a really great job and we had really great attendance. Meaning, we made some money!! We're the first high school show ever to have made money! Usually, they're either in the red, or just break even. Hooray!!! This means that we have a budget for next year. And yes, we are talking about doing another show next year. Despite the fact that we have a list of students who will never ever be in another show with us again, most everyone was quite committed. It's now all done, everything put away and taken care of - although my truck is still full of crap. And when I say full, I mean, I can fit in it and that's it.

Last night I had dinner at home with T for the first time in about 2 months. It was great! Then I went and took a 2 hour nap. Then I went to bed.

I hired a cleaning lady! I'm sooooooo excited!!! A friend of mine is adopting a baby soon and her parents are here for the summer. Her mom is looking for something to do to keep her busy, and she loves to clean! Perfect, because I hate to clean!! With the musical, I haven't been very vigilant in my cleaning regiment. Normally, T does all the floors, and I do bathrooms, dusting, and glass. If we're working together, it usually takes us the same amount of time, so I feel it's pretty fair. With the weather so nice, T is always working on projects outside, and I've been pretty much non-existent so the dust and dog hair have totally taken over our house. It's gross. If there were more hours in the day, then I could do it myself, but there's not. So now I'm almost excited to go home and start picking things up to get ready for her to come. We're having the Mother's Day celebration at our house again this year and I want it to look good. But I don't have the time to do it. I'm soooooo geeked!!!

I have flowers coming up in my flower beds!!! Last year was the first year that we planted anything and a lot of stuff is coming up. We built our house two and a half years ago and we didn't get to any landscaping until last spring. I'm totally loving not having to put in all that work again this year! Although I am starting a garden. T planted it for me last weekend and put up a big fence around it so the deer and other critters stay away from it. I had him plant summer squash, zuccinni, pumpkins, mini pumpkins, and gourds. A lot of fall stuff. Those of you who really know me, know that I am not good with growing things. Plants, flowers, anything basically dies in my presence. Hopefully something will grow. I'll try to post pics soon of some awesome double tulips I have blooming right now. Man, I sound like a total nerd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.funyjoke.blogspot.com/