Thursday, June 14, 2007

Summertime...

...and the livin' is easy. It's now every teacher's favorite time of year - SUMMER! Sorry for my lack of posts lately, the last few weeks have been crazy busy. A week ago today was the last day of school - it seems like I've been on vacation longer than that! I still don't have my classroom totally packed up and rearranged. I somehow have to find a way to put 14 more desks into my room since my class size will double for next year. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about it.

This is the first summer in like ever that I don't have major things going on. No wedding planning, house building, classroom moving, apartment moving, grad classes. I'm all done with all that! It's a great feeling knowing that I get to choose how to spend my days. I know that I'm very lucky - but I've spent the last 10 months earning this time!! :) On the agenda this summer: exercise, scrapbooking, stamping, and maybe reading a few books (grown-up books, not 3rd grade books). We don't have too many travel plans (yet) for the summer and I love that!! We're going away for our anniversary (#2!!) at the end of June and we go to Ludington for a week in July, but other than that, we're home this summer. T's parents have a cottage up north, so I'm sure we'll head up there a few times too.

I'm off to take my dogs for a walk - my parents' dog is also visiting today so I'll have 3 big brown dogs. Luckily, they all get along really well! :)

No comments: