Monday, June 16, 2008

Bad, bad blogger

Well, the great lack of posts in the past year or so should tell you about how my life has been since my bday.

I will attempt a quick recap:
Health news:
in the 8 weeks following my bday-
1. My doctor thought that I had appendicitis and I had to be rushed to the hospital for a catscan. It was awful, and turned out that I had swollen lymph nodes around my appendix due to a urinary tract infection. Sucked.
2. I developed my first ulcer! I had some icky stomach pains in the days before, then I woke up at 4am the Tuesday before Thanksgiving thinking I was absolutely going to die. All I could do was lay on the cold bathroom floor shaking and sweating. T was very freaked out. Another trip to the hospital later, and I had an ulcer diagnosis and a handful of pills. Love drugs.

Musical news of the year:
In September I started rehearsals for Little Shop of Horrors. I played Crystal (one of the trio doo-wop girls). Very fun, loved every minute of it. Ulcer #1 popped up the day after we closed. Coincidence? Um, no.

In December I started rehearsals for a two-person musical called The Last Five Years. It's all in song, very cool show. This became my final stage performance. Why not go out on top, eh? Ulcer #2 came into my life right after this show closed. Starting to notice a pattern...

In March, I began rehearsals as the music director for the high school's production of Into the Woods. The show went on Mother's Day weekend - another huge success. I took extra meds as to ward off another ulcer - and it worked! :)

In school news:
My class size doubled this year. Two times as many kids, desks, chairs, and just STUFF in general. It was also a very demanding class. I had the same emotionally and academically needy students that I've always had, now there were twice as many and still only one of me. A long time ago, there was an older teacher who "lost it" while teaching kindergarten and ran up and down the halls screaming. I suddenly could relate to her in a very real way. On a pretty regular basis. The kids weren't bad, just needy and chatty. Very chatty. The year is now done. I never thought it would end. It was pretty horrible. But now it's over and now I get to rest. Love summer. :)

Other notables:
We went to visit gma in Daytona a few times. Lovely warm weather.
Splurged on a new Coach that I just adore.
Got a new laptop - realized my old one was about as speedy as a brick.
Currently trying to burn our entire cd collection into itunes in order to store away all cds. I had no idea we had accumulated so many. Ugh

Projects for Summer:
1. RELAX
2. continue itunes mission
3. Total overhaul of all rooms and closets, including basement
4. Total Clothes reduction - anything and everything that no longer fits is leaving the premises. No more waiting around for that "someday" I get a massive stomach flu and can suddenly fit into clothes I wore a few years ago. I probably wouldn't wear them anyway! Can you say, garage sale?!? Cha-ching!

Okay, hopefully the posts will be a little more frequent over the summer! I'll try, I promise!

1 comment:

melinda said...

Wow, I was totally shocked to see a new post. You and Kim get the prize for longest time between posts! I was actually wondering why I was checking, and there was the post! I hope your summer is relaxing, it sounds like you have earned it!