Sunday, September 10, 2006

weekend, etc

First of all, to all in the blogging world, Kim has a blog! I love when my friends have blogs- that seems to be the only way to keep in contact anymore. So if you're reading this, and you think, "wow, I wanna be cool too" get a blog! I will comment. Maybe sometimes. :)

This weekend was muffed at the beginning by an icky stomache bug which left me on the couch Thursday night and Friday night. Yuck. Still not much of an appetite, but I'm feeling lots better. Saturday T and I drove over to jenison to pick up the new truck from his parents. My mom calls it Clifford. As in the Big Red Dog. T's dad did a complete overhaul and then his mom got him some new tires. Whoohoo! It's a whole new old truck!

My Uncle Billy (actually great uncle) and his girlfriend came to visit my parents for a couple days from florida. They hadn't been here since we built the house, so they came over. The guys all watched football and my mom and judy and I went over to grandville to shop (yes, trip #2 to GR for me that day). Then we all met for dinner at Flat River Grill in Lowell. Absolutely De-LISH. We have never had anything that wasn't just fabulous there. Sorry for the use of the double negative there. Ugh. It was great to see them. Because they were coming, we didn't have to go to the boring Pheasants Forever banquet in Ionia. I don't mind it that much, but it was nice to have a year off.

Sunday we've spent at home. Actually, I did make one big trip to Walmart for groceries. That's all I've been outside all day. It's been great- having not much going on.

Right now I'm watching PBS. Most of you, I'm sure, don't care. But Brian Stoakes Mitchell is on. Oh. My. Gawwwwwwwd. It's a Great Performance from Carnegie Hall (I sang there!!) of South Pacific. Fabulous. Love It. I think I'll tivo it and watch it again tomorrow.

Back to school tomorrow. I actually have to teach five days. In a row. I haven't had to do that since May. I hope I can handle it. :) Have a good Monday everyone! :)

2 comments:

melinda said...

What does one do at a Pheasants Forever banquet?

cmrteach said...

Well, it's basically the only fundraiser that they do all year. You pay a bunch to get in and there's dinner and beer. There are also raffles and drawings and silent raffles (which the organizer's wife always goes around and raises the prices- pisses me off). It gets to be a very long night. I always feel poor there because there are so many cool art prints and stuff (even real puppies!). But, the auctions always go pretty high, I never have a chance of getting them. Although last year, at the very end of the night, I won the big door prize for just being there. It was a cool set of suede nesting boxes. More brown stuff for my house. :) It's okay. I think that PF has kinda ticked T off lately, so we didn't go. We went last year and we even went to the big hoopla state banquet last spring. Flat River was way better.