Sunday, October 05, 2008

21 Weeks

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.
***************************

On Friday I turned 31. Nothing particularly eventful during the day, but for dinner we went to a very tasty place and then my mom and I went to see Mamma Mia (the musical, NOT the movie) for like the 7th time. This was our first time we were in the front row for that show. I love the front row - being able to see performers' faces, watching the pit, starting the standing ovation, all of it - awesome!!! It was a great evening! :) After dinner, we also did some shopping around and I got what I'm hoping is the last of the maternity wear that I'm going to need. I finally found khaki pants!! I was very happy! Saturday we made the trip down to Ik.ea and found lots of fun things! Once I have a theme for the baby's room, we will certainly go back. I've got lots of ideas now after being there. On the way home, we visited Twe.lve Oaks and had a lovely time there as well. We also tested out my new birthday GPS on the way there. Very handy! I was not at all prepared for how incredibly pooped I would be from walking I did Saturday! I'm writing this Sunday night and my legs are still hurting!! Lots and lots and lots of walking. Sunday was spent at home (except when when I had to make a quick trip to the store to deliver T's wallet to him when he forgot to take it grocery shopping- oops), and I put away birthday things and did some cleaning and lots of laundry. I also got caught up on all my ti.vo. :)

This week we have our next (and probably last) ultrasound on Tuesday night. If we are to find out blue or pink, I will for sure post that when we get home!!! Keep your fingers crossed that fuzzy is cooperative! :) It's still hard for me to believe that we're now into the second half of this whole experience. We just received our first baby stuff borrow - a gorgeous swing in the pattern that I'm very seriously considering for the whole travel system, etc. Thank you thank you thank you M and V for your generosity!! :) We ordered the crib and changing table quite some time ago and hopefully that should be in anytime. That will be exciting to get that all set up! I'm hoping to start picking out nursery decor/theme next weekend (provided that we're able to find out boy or girl this week). My mom is going to be making the comforter, bumpers, bed skirt, valances, etc for the baby's room - we just need to go find the fabric. I'm picky about what I want (shocking, I know!) and a lot of the pre-packaged bundles of those things are SO EXPENSIVE!!! Anyway, hopefully more decor updates soon. :)

No comments: