Sunday, October 26, 2008

24 Weeks

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
***********************

It's amazing how fast the baby is growing now. And I know that will just keep picking up speed until the end. I remember really early on being like "Wow! The baby gained half an ounce this week!" and being very excited about it. Crazy.

This week T and my dad and his dad all left for South Dakota. It's not as weird for me this time having him gone since my mom and ellie (their dog) came to stay. We have had a very relaxing weekend - it's been great. We ventured out of the house once yesterday to go pick up a few things at Wal.mart. We didn't take showers or anything, we just thought we'd make a quick trip. Little did we know, but we arrived about 5 minutes before they had trick-or-treating in the store! So much for a quick, quiet, incognito trip to the store. We each saw about half of the kids in our classes and the store was packed. Awesome!

This week we have conferences, so our schedule is totally whacky. Plus, I'm also taking a day during the week - in the morning I have a meeting, but I'm taking the afternoon sick to go to my 24 week doctor's appt. So all in all, I'm going to be seeing my kids 2 days this week, and one of the days, we're having our Halloween party pretty much all afternoon. These kinds of weeks are few and far between, so I'm going to enjoy it!

Mom has been a busy little seamstress this weekend. Saturday she made the dust ruffle for the crib and as I'm typing this, she's making the valances. Once it's all done, I will post pics. :) SO CUTE!!!

Of course the best thing that happened this weekend was a little game that went on Saturday in AA. They should call it the big sad house. Not only my spartans triumph over u of m, but they also seemed to be in a battle with the officials - or more specifically the officials in the replay booth who apparently have no clue as to the rules of how a touchdown is actually scored. The superior team won anyway and it was a great day! :) Go Green! :)

No comments: