Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


With Daddy at the golf course (The Natural)


With Grandpa at the golf course (Black Bear)


In front of the irises at Grammy's house


At Mackinaw Outfitter's - holding my head up so well and taking in all the new sights!


Lila's first trip to Mackinaw! We didn't cross the bridge, so she is yet to be in the UP, but I'm sure that day will come soon! :)


Look at me! I just want to sit up and be a big girl! First time sitting in a restaurant high chair. She's still too little to be in there all by herself- she falls over sometimes, so she's still being held. But she loved it! :)


A beautiful day to lay in the grass at the golf course


Happy girl - always!


Look how well I can hold up my head! As soon as I can figure out how to get my legs working, I'll be crawling all over!
This past weekend we went up to Gaylord for a mini-vacation. It was sooo great to get away. We took my dad's new truck and watched movies there and back - fun time! :) The guys golfed a different course each day. My mom and Lila and I managed to do some damage downtown in the form of Vera, Brighton, and Life is Good - 3 of my most favorite things! :)
Lila had a shot-only visit to the doctor this week. She got 2 shots and was not very happy about it! I'm not sure who was worse - Lila or me!! I didn't cry though! She now weighs 15 pounds 8 ounces. No wonder I desperately need a visit to the chiropractor!
Lila is just awesome. There are lots of days where school is driving me crazy because it's the end of the year and our schedule is all messed up with different things and the kids are all hyped up and I just want to cry or scream. And I just think of how much longer I have until I get to come home to my happy, smiley, wonderful baby girl. She doesn't seem as much like a baby anymore as a miniture little person. She loves to sit up and stand up (both with assistance, of course!). This week she has started grabbing toys and shaking them around or throwing them. She wakes up happy every day - there is nothing better than walking over to the crib and when she sees you, she gives you a huge smile. I love it! She loves watching the dogs, they're so good with her and don't seem to mind too much that they don't get nearly the amount of attention that they used to get.
As I type this, there are 8 school days left. One real week. Yeehaw! Then many weeks of pure Lila fun! :) I can't wait!

No comments: