Saturday, May 16, 2009

3 Months!


Happy girl!


Lila in her excersaucer with her new favorite toy - the Mozart music box - she can make it work all by herself!



Sitting up straight and tall and shaking her cow for the camera


Lila and Daddy watching the Tigers!


Lila, Grammy, and Great-Grandma all bundled up ready for the MSU Art Fair


The whole family at Andrew's graduation party


Mother's Day - four generations of mothers and daughters :)
Well, based on my lack of posts, you can guess how crazy it's been around our house lately! Simply put - I went back to work. I have been trying my very very best to get as much done during the day as possible, but I have had to go in to school a couple weekends since I've been back. FIFTEEN more days of school - but who's counting?!? :)
In the past month Lila has grown a ton!! She is now in 3-6 month clothes, she holds her head up really well and loves to stand up. She's really "talking" now too. Although she does seem to be a bit camera shy - this morning T was getting her dressed and they were chatting up a storm and I got the video camera out and poof! No more talking. That's definitely something we need to work on! Speaking of video, we've been taking a lot more lately. She's actually doing things now - a lot more exciting than a baby laying around. She loves her baths. She's smiling all the time and has done some laughing. Her biggest smile and laugh she did for the ceiling fan in our room! Oh, how she loves the fans!
I had my first Mother's Day! :) It was a very nice day - presents and love and fun family times. :) The day before, we all had been gone to Portage for my cousin's graduation party and I think that Lila was still a little "off" from that day, which made Sunday a funky day for her. She constantly wanted to be held, nursed, and was kind of cranky. That seems to happen for her about one day a month - we can't expect her to be perfect EVERY day! Although, it would have been nice for her cranky day to not be on Mother's Day, but it didn't really matter. My grandma has been here so we've also been doing lots with her and it was special to have her with us on Mother's Day.
Let's see... what else... did I mention that there are only 15 more days of school? I am sooooo looking forward to it. Can you tell?!? For only the second year since I've been teaching, I am not teaching summer school. Lila and I are going to hang out all summer on the deck! We bought a new giant umbrella for out there and we're going to get a fun little pool and we're going to lounge in the pool all day. :) I can't wait!!
As always, check out the My Flickr link to oodles more Lila photos. :)

No comments: