Thursday, August 24, 2006

school schmool

School started today. Yes, there is a law in Michigan now that says school must start after labor day. Did I miss Labor Day?!? NOPE! My school district is one of five in the entire state that already had a contract calendar negotiated for this school year. Oh joy, hooray for me. I had a great first day. I think I'm going to have a good year! :) I did have a couple interesting t-shirts that were worn by some students. One boy wore a shirt with a squirrel and 3 acorns that said 'Protect Your Nuts'. Appropriate for 3rd grade? I think not. I'm such a square. Then a hispanic girl wore a shirt that said 'Blondes Do It Better'. And she's not even blonde!!! She's not so good with english yet, so I don't think that she even knew what blonde was. Expect more funny stories courtesy of my precious little angels. :) Thank GOD tomorrow is Friday!!!!

7 comments:

melinda said...

I am glad you had a good first day! I think my all-time favorite story was the kid who's mom didn't have any band-aids!

Jessica said...

What nuts? DEEEZ nuts!

If blondes do it better, I'll have to pick up some dye. I haven't been blonde in like 10 years

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should ask Leslie about her teaching experiences.....hers are quite funny too.

cmrteach said...

Is leslie still in detroit? I haven't seen/talked to her since we lived together. Did she marry the teeny dealer dude?

melinda said...

It is time for a new blog update please!

cmrteach said...

Sorry for the delay. I'll try to get something new posted tonight. Pretty bossy there, Mrs. Reed.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Melinda, you told me to read this site for some entertainment and its been a whole 2 posts in like 4 months. How friggen hard is it to write stuff....oh yeah writing sucks.

PS : I like the handicapped thing where you can listen to the letters but one thing : IF YOU CANT SEE THEN HOW CAN YOU SEE THE KEYBOARD OR EVEN THE BUTTON TO CLICK TO LISTEN?!