Monday, August 07, 2006

Wedding!


This weekend M and V got married! :) It was a deliciously fun time. Friday night was rehearsal and everything went very smoothly. Then off to Beggar's Banquet we went! Yum yum yum! It was a perfect weekend for walking around East Lansing. T was so happy we were there that after we stuffed ourselves at beggar's, we had to take him to Melting Moments for ice cream. Saturday was a whirlwind of a day. M and I got our hair done in the morning, then it was back to the hotel to get ready to go to the church! M and V had rented a cargo van to schlep all of us attendants around. It was a great time in the van! Pictures went well - my mom had a fab time being the photographer (with all of her "equipment"!). The pics turned out very well. I'm hoping to post a bunch to my shutterfly site, but I have to do it at school - my dialup connection at home would take a year and half. The ceremony went very well. I had no idea that I would bawl like a baby when M made her grand entrance. She looked just beautiful and I guess the finality of it all hit me when she came in with her dad and gene. All the months of planning and all the work they did were so worth it. The ceremony seemed to fly by then suddenly we were all back in the van on the way to the reception. More good fun!! I stupidly immediately went to the bar when I got there, and then realized I still needed to be coherent for my toast. Luckily, M and V gave us notepads and sharpies so I could jot a few things down so I wouldn't forget anything important. Anyway, it was so wonderful to see all those people there for M and V and to celebrate the night away. It was a great party!! Sunday I was beat!! I just couldn't seem to get going. Therefore, today my plan is to get unpacked and start our mountain of laundry. Why did I pack 8 pairs of shoes?!? Right now M and V are on a plane headed for Vegas- I hope they have the best time and are able to relax after all the hard work of planning an event of this magnitude. Fun Fun Weekend!! :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wasn't it just perfect?!?!?!