Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ow

I had a little injury last week and it's still bothering me a lot. As many of you know, I've been really trying to get healthy the last few months - basically kicking my butt with excersize, trying to eat well, etc. Part of my regiment has been to balance out all my cardio with a yoga class once a week. Well, last Monday I went and it was fine. Until we did "the plow". Basically, you lie on your back, then put your feet behind your head. Fine, I had done it before with no problems. This time, I somehow went too fast and really screwed up my neck. I actually heard it go crack, creak, pop, crunch. I have now been in pain for a week and a half and today I go to the doctor!!! I can't wait!!! The otc meds I've been taking aren't even touching it anymore. I walk all hunched over and I am pretty grumpy. My poor students, I try not to take it out on them, but I've had a pretty short fuse the last few days. On top of that, a lot kids in my class have some nasty coughs that their parents don't seem to notice, so they come to school and hack on me. My face has also seemed to revolt against me and my skin care regiment. I somehow aquired 5, yes FIVE, shiny red zits over the weekend. WTF?!?!? I feel pretty... oh so pretty...

In other news, today is the first day of firearm deer season. My school district used to always take this day off since so many students and teachers wouldn't come to school. We no longer do that, apparently my town isn't as redneck as we used to be. T and my dad are out in the field behind the house this morning. Neither of them have gotten anything yet, so our freezer is starting to look a little bare. Hopefully today!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Feel better, dear girl!

Anonymous said...

Plow, eh? Sounds.....interesting.

Anonymous said...

Plow, eh? Sounds.....interesting.

Anonymous said...

No more yoga! Hope the doctor helped today and gave you some super drugs!!!

melinda said...

did the chiropractor not help?

cmrteach said...

Well, since I had never been to a chiropractor before, the one that I decided on and called, couldn't do a new patient screening until after thanksgiving! So, I have that appointment, and I will still go. When I saw my doctor yesterday, she said that I have a bone out of place and my muscles are all tense so she put me on muscle relaxers and a heavier pain medication. She said once my muscles relax, the bone should go back. Let's hope so! The muscle relaxer made me kinda sleepy so I went to bed at 9pm last night and I feel better today. Hopefully that continues!

Jessica said...

Muscle relaxers should be a food group. I swear.