Thursday, November 02, 2006

Basketball & Halloween

No, I did not play basketball on Halloween, those are just my two topics. First, Halloween. Fun time, my kids were quite good, still a very tiring day, but they live it. :) We had a record 26 trick-or-treaters! My mom (also a teacher at my school) and I give out maps to our kids to come out and t-o-t at her house. I live about 15 miles away from school, a bit too far for many kids to make it, so I go to my parents' house and camp out there. Good time.

Last night, my parents and T and I went to Van Andel to see the MSU spartans men's basketball team in action in their first exhibition game against Grand Valley. T went to GVSU, so it was 3 vs. 1 in our crowd. Surprisingly, the spartans looked like crap and the lakers looked pretty good! We were behind most of the game, but then put them away in the last few minutes. There is a player on GVSU's team with the last name of Redder, so we had a good time cheering on "Cousin Dan". haha... T says that he's a distant relative but not sure how distant. I think that grand valley should have a good season. I'm a bit worried about my spartans - they lost too many shooters. Damn it, basketball is always my saving grace after putting up with looney John L. all football season. grrrr....

Another grrr is trying to upload pictures. Lately, whenever I try to upload pics to this site, it will not do it. Then, I'll get on the next day to try it and it will go right through. Today is issue #1. Therefore, no pics. At least not today, maybe tomorrow. Anyway, I'm off to get poked for my allergy shots. yuck.

2 comments:

melinda said...

I have been having trouble uploading pictures too. . .that's why it took me so long to post about Halloween. I finaly was able to get the pictures on tonight. You will have to make sure you keep trying to post the doggy pics!

melinda said...

Did you go to Gurnee this weekend? Where are those dog pics?????