Thursday, February 22, 2007

More Vacation!

T and I are leaving Friday for an extended weekend up north. We're finally going skiing!! It's been 2 years since the last time we hit the slopes. Last year, the weather never seemed to cooperate with the weekends that we could go, so we had a year off. We're not big-time skiers. Usually once or twice a winter we'll ski for a weekend. Having the slopes so far away, and crazy lives, it makes it difficult to find the time/energy/moo-lah. I have packed all kinds of reading material and comfy clothes to hang out when not outside. I'm good for a few hours a day and then I'm ready to warm up and give my legs a break. I like to hit the smaller hills- I'm not much of a daredevil. I just love the shush-shush of going down the hill. Not a big thrill-seeker here. We're going up with some friends that we haven't gotten together with in a long time. They are leaving their son (who is 18 months) for the first time with grandma and grandpa for a whole weekend. He'll be fine- I just hope mom and dad aren't too preoccupied with thoughts of him instead of being able to enjoy themselves. Hopefully I'll have some pics from the hill the next time I post. Have a terrific weekend everyone! :)

No comments: