Monday, November 03, 2008

25 Weeks

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.
**************

We're pretty sure our little girl is going to be a blondie - the only question should be eye color. Blue like me, or green like T. Just call us the recessive gene family. :)

Last week was plain 'ol nuts. Conferences totally sucked the life out of me. Then there was a dead-woodchuck-on-my-back-steps incident that freaked me out and then of course, Halloween! We did have Friday off from school, so mom and I went to bir.ch run to do some outlet shopping on a beautiful day. Seriously, it was a perfect day - and Halloween too! That night I went to her house to pass out candy. We give out directions to kids in our classes since it's out a ways. I live about 20 minutes from school, I doubt that anyone would make the trek out here. We each had 3 kids from our classes come, and with siblings, we had a total of 12. Not exactly our best year, but it was so nice out, I think more kids stayed in town.

This weekend went by in another blur. Saturday mom and I went to a craft show that was more antiques and overpriced junk than anything else. Then we all went and helped my grandparents clean up their yard and flowers. They're both in their 80s and are having a hard time keeping up with the outside. Plus my grandpa has really bad knees that he refuses to go get fixed, so it's hard for him to even get around. We spent about an hour and a half and got all their leaves (there were lots) taken care of, my mom cut down all the flowers, and T washed windows. The only trees with leaves that we have at our house are down by the lake - none really go in our yard, so we can do our "leaf duty" there. :) Sunday was a bday party with T's family. Food, fun, cake, and kids running everywhere. Good times. :)

On Friday I bought a new desk at Pott.ery Barn and I was very anxious to get that up and in this weekend. However, that just didn't quite happen. T has it all put together, I just need to unhook and clean up the computer and the area around it. No small feat! I had planned to Saturday night, but we ended up going grocery shopping, and then I was too tired by the time we got home. We outgrew our current desk about 5 minutes after we moved in. It's the desk that my grandpa made me to take to college in my dorm. It's pretty small, and at our house, it's constantly piled with crap because there's no where to put anything. I get it cleaned up and poof! It's back to chaos in no time. grr... This new desk is going to be organized! No more crazy clutter!! It still seems crazy to me to buy furniture. Ever since I can remember, my grandpa has always made our furniture. We would go pick out something that we liked, or see it in a catalog, and then show it to him and he'd make it. With his health, he has now pretty much given up woodworking, which is such a shame because he made beautiful things. I guess it just makes me grateful that I have what I have from him. :)

Is anyone else's favorite day of the year the fall back day? I guess it's not exactly my most favorite, but man, it really ranks up there. :) A free hour of sleep. Doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: