Monday, April 13, 2009

7 Weeks and Spring Break



Saturday morning we boarded a plane for sunny Florida!





My bathing beauty with her Buddha belly






Hanging out at the beach




Finally a smile caught with the camera!




At the Easter display at the Volusia mall


Four generations of Spartans!


Cutie Patootie

We had a great week in Florida! The first couple days were a little cool for Florida's standards (60's), but the rest of the week was beautiful!
Some highlights from the trip:
-Lila meeting her Great-Grandma. She was so excited for us to get there - so were lots of her friends who came to visit.
-She rolled over by herself. She also discovered that she loves ceiling fans - luckily we have a few of them at home!
-Lila met the Easter bunny! We were shopping at the mall on one of the cool days and the Easter bunny was there. When we got there he was at lunch, so we had to wait for a while. I know I'm a mom now that I waited for almost 40 minutes for my 7 week old to visit the Easter bunny and I paid $20 for pictures of the big event (that was the cheapest package!!)
-We made two trips to the beach. The first few days weren't so great for beach weather, but the end of the week was great. The first day we took her, we went to one of my favorite restaurants on the beach, then down on the beach. She slept through the whole thing and stayed in the car. The second day, it wasn't very windy, so we put up the big umbrella and she enjoyed sprawling out on a towel, just looking at the ocean. I can't wait until she's big enough to play in the sand. The beach is one of my absolutely favorite places to be in the whole world - it will be so fun to share it with her!
-Lila was wonderful on the plane rides!! I fed her on the way up, and she either slept or just hung out playing with us the rest of the ride. Security in GR was very easy. Security in Sanford was not. We got there and the first guy we showed our boarding pass to said that one of us need to have a 'lap child' stamp on a board pass. Since we had the stroller and all our crap already there, my mom went down to get the stamp (although we didn't have one on the way down and everything was fine) and Lila and I went through. Apparently something in the diaper bag set off some kind of alarm, so we had to step aside for them to empty the entire thing and then do some tests on the diaper rash cream. A supervisor came over and had me take Lila out of the baby bjorn to run it through the x-ray machine, do a pat down on me and then she did a pat down on Lila!! Ugh!! I was not a happy person. I no longer had a happily sleeping baby. She was fine, but the whole thing just ticked me off. Because of these extra hoops we had to jump through, we ended up being one of the last ones on the plane - I'm so glad we paid extra for priority boarding. grrrr... Anyway, the time on the planes was fine. We had people both times who were sitting behind us, say "Oh my goodness, was that baby here the whole time? We never heard her!"
Lila also had her first Easter this past weekend. We went to T's parents' house for dinner, egg hunt, and spring birthdays. Lila has now met all of her cousins!
Today we have a busy day. I'm taking Lila to see a pediatric ophthalmologist this morning because of some gunk that keeps accumulating in one of her eyes. It's also very weepy, and the other one is just fine. Then we're going to T's office for a shower and luncheon. Lots of time on the road this morning - good thing she's a good traveler! :)

No comments: