Saturday, April 18, 2009

2 Months!

Today Lila is 2 months old! :) We celebrated by going to the mall and buying more clothes. There is absolutely no more room in her closet. I know in a few weeks, the clothes that she's currently wearing will be getting small, so we'll be making some room!

Ophthalmologist update: I took her to see a pediatric ophthalmologist last week and after over an hour of waiting in a room with many antsy, irritated children, we found out that Lila has a blocked tear duct. She showed me how to do some massages to her face. We've been doing that and it already seems to be helping the amount of gunk in her poor little eye.

Tuesday, the folks in T's office threw us a lunchtime shower. It was nice to finally meet some of these people that I've been hearing about for the last few years. On Wednesday, my substitute and class threw us a shower. It was adorable - they made Lila a bookcase and each student gave her a book. I don't have the pics uploaded yet, but I'll post some when I do.

Thursday was a big day around our house. I went back to work. It was not as horrible as I thought it was going to be - I didn't cry! My dad came to babysit Thursday and Friday. He did a fantastic job. He's also teaching my daughter to love watching golf. :) Anyway, my Thursday went very well - it's my art day (which means that I get 55 minutes of planning time - the best day all week) and I wasn't going to be at school Friday due to a meeting, so my substitute wrote me sub plans for the day! It was so cute. :) It was nice to be back in a routine, sort of. The day flew by - I was gone exactly 8 hours from home. It was great to start out with a 2 day week and one of them was a meeting day. :) We'll see how it goes with a real 5 day week this coming week - wish me luck! I'm off to school tomorrow to try to reacquaint myself with school. Hopefully I won't be gone all day. T thinks that he's going to clean the house and watch Lila while I'm gone. Good luck is what I told him. It's amazing how little you can get done in a day with an infant to entertain! :) And if the house doesn't get cleaned tomorrow? So what is what I say. When else will Lila be 2 months old and so fun to play with!?!

Tomorrow T's parents are coming to spend a few days with us. His mom will be watching Lila Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and staying over. It will be nice for Lila to get more acquainted with her Grandma and Grandpa R.! My dad will be taking every Friday and we will be rotating other relatives on Thursdays. Although, when I came home from school yesterday, my dad told me that he would do any Thursdays that we needed because he was "addicted" to hanging out with Lila. :) She's a sweetheart! :)

Lately, Lila has been getting very good at keeping her head up during tummy time. She loves laying on her back on the mat on the floor swinging her arms at the toys hanging overhead and watching her BFF - the ceiling fan! She also sits in her bumbo and likes to watch what we're doing in the kitchen. She's so alert and gets so focused on the things around her. Of course, we think she's incredibly smart! :)

No comments: