Wednesday, April 01, 2009

6 Weeks


Lila in her cute after-Baptism dress


With the awesome cake before we left for church


At baby massage class - we lasted through most of it before Lila got hungry

My attempt at artistic photography... with another Grammy-made hat!

I'm so cute!

This week was pretty eventful! Over the weekend, we had Lila's baptism. She was very good through all of it, until Pastor Larry took her and then she cried. Also, while we were standing up there, she farted and pooped through the whole thing. Luckily, her "emissions" didn't get picked up by the microphone - I think T and I were the only ones who heard her. :) Silly girl... After the service, we had brunch at our house. It was a nice little party for Miss Lila. It was also her first time meeting her aunt and uncle and 3 of her cousins. Also in attendance were all 4 grandparents and one set of great-grandparents.
Earlier in the week, Lila met her Grandma and Grandpa R. They have been in Alabama since the beginning of January. They were happy to finally see her!
Monday, I took Lila to the doctor. She checked out perfectly again. She now weighs 11lbs. 10oz. and is 22 3/4in. long. My growing girl!
Today, we went with Grandpa for Lila's first trip to East Lansing. We had to get shirts at the bookstore for this weekend's Final Four. Go Spartans!
On Saturday, my mom and I are flying to Florida for Spring Break and this year, Lila is coming too!! :) My grandma lives there and she absolutely can't wait for us all to get there. I can't wait to get somewhere warm and sunny! I have so had enough of winter!! I have been trying to pack something every day this week. It's amazing how long it takes, even though I'm usually home most of the day. Normally, to pack for Spring Break, I would do laundry Wednesday night, pack Thursday night, and then we would catch a flight Friday after school. This is definitely a new experience!
Oh, I also have to brag a little about my awesome sleeping beauty. Last night, she slept almost 8 hours!! :) It seems as though she has also inherited her mom's sleeping habits! Keep your fingers crossed that this continues!
Also on Sunday, after everyone left and we were all in our comfy-cozy clothes watching basketball, Lila gave us her first real smile! It was awesome! She hasn't done as big of one since then, but she has done some smaller, or one-sided smiles. So cute!

1 comment:

Lori C said...

what an adorable baby!!! my daughter is 26 and getting married this summer... hard to believe.. i love seeing the pics.

:-)