Sunday, July 30, 2006

busy busy fun fun fun

Wow! It's been a whirlwind weekend. Friday was the "me, my mom and 1,000 of our closest scrappin friends" convention. I learned I need to invest in a bunch of equipment to be cool. I tried getting a new printer on ebay today, but I was bid out at the last second by some other bitch going in at the last second. Grrrr!! Anyway, it was awesome and I learned a lot. Then we had M's bachelorette party! Very small crowd, just what she wanted- we went to dinner, target for candy, beaner's for coffee, and back to my house for cheesy movies. I hadn't been up that late in well, ugh... I can't remember. Was lovely! :) Saturday was only the hottest day ever and I went to help K with some of her moving. Big job. Glad I'm in the house I will be in until doomsday. Saturday evening T and I had some of his work friends from St. Johns over. Too hot to do anything outside, so we had a ping pong tourney. I love the pingage. So fun. I lost, but I didn't care. That much. These were practically strangers I didn't want them to think we invited them over just to watch them be humiliated by our pp prowess. HA! We were much better this winter- we're kinda out of practice. Ahhh.... which leads us to Sunday. The only day in like the past year where we had NO plans. And it even happened on a weekend. A-maze-ing. I read the WHOLE paper, slept in, didn't take a shower until after 3pm, it was just a super day. Although with the storm, our power was out for about 8 hours. That's become a very normal occurance around here. The wind gently rustles the leaves, and POOF! out goes the power. So we ran the generator (aka the best investment we ever made), so we could still do important things- like watch the satellite and go on the internet. After dinner, we went to portland to the chocolate moose (who make the most awesome homemade ice cream ever) and when we came back - there was power!! :) Hooray!! Let the week begin...

No comments: