Monday, October 02, 2006

Numero 29

Tuesday I turn 29. The last of the 20s. Not a big deal, I guess. One of my students told me a looked 42 the other day, so age doesn't really matter. Another student told me a looked 17, so I suppose the happy medium I'm in is A-okay. :)

This weekend turned from a by-myself-with-the-dog weekend into a weekend of fun! Friday T left to go duck hunting up north with Remy. That night, my mom and I joined some other Ionia Community Theatre board members to go see The Full Monty at Circle in GR. It was even more hysterical that I remembered it being - and for those of you out there who have never seen the bway version and just the movie, the musical is WAY WAY WAY better. Saturday, my buddies from WMU came over from the east side of the state for a little get-together. I hadn't seen them all since my wedding, and unfortunately, I didn't really get to see or talk to them much that day. Although they were kind enough to help pick me up off the dance floor after I fell (actually tripped on my ripped bustle) while I was doing the infamous 'leg-dance'. In my defense, it was very difficult to do in a super heavy dress after I had finally had something to drink!! E & A have the MOST adorable daughter. The last time that I had seen her, I think that she was about a week old. Now she is three. She's changed a lot! :) All I can say, is they can bring her over any time!! Sweet sweet sweet! Per her request, all five of us did 'Ring Around the Rosie' in my driveway. Several times. Good thing I don't have many neighbors, otherwise they would probably think I was a part of some kind of cult.



Saturday night I got a very nice surprise, T came home early! Hooray! :) Not that I mind him going away, but I just like it better when he's home! Sunday was spent getting our pun'kins!! They're great. We're going to cut down some of the corn shocks from the field to put on the front porch too. The afternoon was spent in rehearsal for a music revue.

3 comments:

kim said...

Woo-hoo... I'm the FIRST to post and say... Happy #29, Cally!!! ;) At least you're still in only the 3rd decade of your life... (my days at that are numbered!) Hope you have a great day! Nordic Chicks rock! Especially if they're LIBRAN Nordic Chicks! ^^ Love & miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated 29th dude. Trust me, it only goes downhill from there, well I guess it could be worse, I could be married.....

cmrteach said...

Hey, there is nothing wrong with being married! It's not SO bad, hee hee... :)