Friday, September 26, 2008

Appointment update

I did manage to get the the doctor this week for my triple test (although they called it a quad- so apparently it measures 4 things!). They called last night and everything came back normal. Hooray! :) This is an optional test that measures for genetic abnormalities. We decided that if we were going to have a baby with special issues, we wanted to know as early as possible to get prepared.

In other news, I have my next ultrasound appointment for Oct. 7! At first, when I met with my doctor, she said that we should probably wait another month for another ultrasound, to appease my insurance company. Then she said, "Well, how about 3 weeks", and by the end of the appointment she said 2 weeks! I sure wore her down! :) At that point, I will be over 21 weeks -so we're anticipating some really good photos this time. Keep your fingers crossed that little fuzzy is cooperative!!

This weekend we are headed up to Traverse City and I can't wait to go. It will be fantastic to get away for a few days. There's also a store up there that sells the kind of cloth diapers I'm leaning towards, so I'm excited to actually see them myself instead of just reading about them online. T's parents are coming to stay with the dogs. The last time we went away was up to Ludington this summer and the dogs went to their house for the week. Unfortunately, our old man, Smokey, has a bit of a nervous stomach and had a hard time. It's not like their house was completely foreign to him - he lived there for many years, for crying out loud! But, he was out of his normal comfort zone and ended up having to go to the vet. The day after he got home, he was completely fine. Silly boy! So this time, they're coming to our house to hang out for a couple days. Plus, T has some projects for his dad to do.

Last night was filled with lots and lots of laundry, cleaning up, packing, and TV!!! My fav shows were finally back on! I had to tivo Grey's to watch when we get home on Sunday. So if you watched it and I see you before Sunday night - don't tell me what happened!! I laughed until I cried during The Office. Wow, that's a fantastic show. :) I do love my tv! :)

This morning, I did something incredibly dumb. I was about to pour myself a glass of orange juice, and I decided to give the jug one more shake. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that I had already opened the lid. Yep, OJ everywhere! My hair, the floor, the counter, everywhere. Luckily, I still had my robe on so it didn't get all over my school clothes. A big, sticky mess is always a fun thing to have to clean up 10 minutes before you're planning on being out the door. Ugh!

In other more exciting news - I got my new smartphone in the mail the other day! YAY! I'm still learning how to use it - in fact, when it rang yesterday, I didn't know what to do!! I figure that I have a lot of quality car time this weekend to play. ALSO, we got our broadband card!!!! Holy crap that thing is awesome!! Love it love it love it!! It's sooooooooooooooooooo much faster than our crappy crappy dialup - we're looking at cancelling our home phone next week. We just want to make sure everything is switched over and everyone knows what numbers to call us before we drop it completely. Big things happening on the ranch! :)

A week from today I turn 31. I'm not so sad about this bday. Last year, I was dreading 30. This year, not so bad.

Have a great weekend everyone! If you're reading this in Michigan - it's supposed to be a gorgeous one! Enjoy it!

No comments: