Friday, November 14, 2008

27 Weeks

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
************************

I know I'm a little early this week, but I'm going to be gone this weekend on a retreat to a cottage on Lake Michigan with a big group of ladies to do some scrapbooking! :) My mom and I went last spring with this group and had a fantastic time. This time, we're actually orgainized enough to have things to SCRAP. Last time, it was just after a full weekend of performances (along with the months of rehearsals before that) and I had had no time to get anything around. In fact, I had to take the afternoon off before we went so that I could get some materials around. We ended up stamping - just making cards and tags. True, I was frantically packing papers and pictures and supplies last night and I have an order of pictures ready at Wal.greens to pick up on the way out of town, but I feel so much more prepared this time! Also, last time it was early May and it turned out to be a gorgeous weekend - we walked by the lake, sat out in the sun, etc. This weekend, it looks like we're going to be getting snow! The big room where we all scrap is surrounded with windows and looks out on the lake and I'm actually hoping for some big fluffy flakes. This time of year, I like seeing the snow. By about February I'm totally sick of the snow - especially this year the snow is just going to taunt me since there will be no skiing for me until next year!

I hope this weekend finds you all cozy and warm in the cold weather! Good luck to all the deer hunters out there - it's time to restock the freezer!!

No comments: