Saturday, November 29, 2008

29 Weeks

Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.
************************

I thought that I had been doing really well, as far as staying healthy, but this week, things finally caught up with me and I've been pretty sick. Monday night I was in the chair and I said to T that I thought I was getting sick. Sure enough, Tuesday morning I woke up with a nasty cough, sore throat and nose full of crap. Ugh... Luckily, I only had school Monday and Tuesday this week. I had Wednesday to lay low and get some things done for Thanksgiving. We go up to T's aunt and uncle's house every year for an awesome meal and a chance to see some folks we only see once a year. This year, they also did a small shower for us! Very fun! The first present I opened was a handmade quilt from T's aunt and these two pieces of fabric. They were very soft and nice, I just had no idea what they were for. So I asked - I found out that they were burp cloths. Okay, so I've still got some things to learn about baby gear. Everyone thought this was hysterical. Therefore, every present I would open they would ask me if I knew what it was. Ha ha. Anyway, it was a nice day and even though I coughed through the whole thing, I had a great time.

Friday is customarily one of my most favorite days of the year. Black Friday - good deals everywhere. This year, I dragged my butt out of bed at 3am and got out there. I went to a few stores here in town and in GR and I was back home by 7:30am and back asleep by 7:45am. I slept until around noon and I was totally incapacitated the rest of the day. I had so much that I wanted to get done - it just wasn't going to happen. Today I did actually get up at a decent time and get some things done. Although, I only last about an hour and then I have to sleep for about 2 or 3. It takes a long time to get things done that way! Tonight we went to dinner with T's parents to celebrate his birthday (which was Wednesday) and then we went and finally did some real registering. I need to go again with someone who really knows what we need, but we knocked out a lot of what we think we need. We think. As we were scanning, we agreed that we were totally out of our element and feeling like strangers in a strange land. We still have a lot to learn before February rolls around!

Well, tomorrow is the last day of my nice, long weekend. I should go into school since I'll be gone half of the week this week, but I don't think that's going to happen. Between getting my house back in order and how it takes me forever to get anything done, I think that I'm going to need the day at home.

It's hard to believe that this is the last week that I'll be in the 20's. It's amazing that there isn't that much time left in this whole incubating thing. I'm a faithful watcher of Jo.n and K.ate plus E.ight and she delievered her sextuplets at 30 weeks. I can't imagine being ready this early! I guess I could be, if I knew that I had to be, but I'm not!!

No comments: