Sunday, January 11, 2009

35 Weeks

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
*******************

The room is complete! Now we just need a baby to put in it!


Okay, so now I realize that her name is no longer a secret! :)



This is the antique cradle that she will use for not very long! But it's just so pretty! You can also see the chesser (a cross between a chest and a dresser) that my grandpa made us for a wedding present that is actually going to be used to store all of her things. We met a woman at a craft show in December who is painting the knobs to go on it. If you can see the small pink and flowered box on the chesser, the knobs will be painted like that. We also ordered several other pieces from her - a large painting that says 'dream', a mirror, and a few other things that I can't remember. Most of it will be Christmas presents from Grammy and Grandpa next year. :)



In this pic, you can see more of the smaller flowers, dragonflies, and ladybugs that we put under the window.


Her closest - it's so hard to resist buying baby clothes! I also did my first load of laundry of her clothes - I did just the 0-3 month stuff that she has. Wow, socks are TINY!!! You can also see in this pic the small toy chest in the bottom right hand corner. This was also made by my grandpa for my dad when he was little! It was one of the first pieces that he ever made. I remember it being at my grandparents' house, but it wasn't until recently that I found out it was my dad's. A third generation using it - made by the fourth generation!

This week was an interesting one. Monday was supposed to be my first day back after Christmas break - and we had an ice day! A nice added bonus! Tuesday and Wednesday I did well at school - I felt good and things were fine. Thursday I felt like I had been hit by a truck - I was exhausted all day. My poor kids at school - they had to put up with cranky me. Oh well, it's not for much longer - they'll survive. I got home from school, took a three hour nap, was up for about an hour, and then went to bed. Friday was not much better. And on top of how tired I was, I started throwing up again. Crap. So Friday night was another lounge around and try to keep food down kind of night in my big brown chair.
We had had plans for quite some time to go see my cousin play basketball at Hope College on Saturday - he plays for Albion and we usually make it to the games that he plays at Hope and at Calvin, since they're the closest for us. This year he's a senior and he plays a lot because he's good (I don't say that just because he's my cousin - it's the truth!) so it's nice to see him at this level. The Calvin game is Feb 18 - not exactly a good time for us, so we were really looking forward to the hope game. Especially since this would be the last time that we'd ever get to see him play college ball. I actually put some effort into my appearance and did my hair and everything (something that really hasn't happened lately!!) and then we heard from my uncle that the roads were total crap in Holland and that we shouldn't come. UGH!!! Why has the weather f*&%ed over everything that we have had plans to do this winter?!?!? It's so frustrating. It literally snowed all day - so, we stayed home and watched the msu game and finished the baby's room instead.
I went and met my OB on Monday. He seems very nice - I go back again on the 19th. When I was there, he said that I was measuring a little ahead of where they thought I was, so if that's still the case when I go again, they're going to do another ultrasound (YAY! More pictures - maybe she'll be more photogenic this time!!) to see what's going on in there. It's looking like I'm going to have about 2 more weeks of school before I'm going to try to take a little time off before she gets here. Being on my feet all day is not helping my legs. I sit as much as possible and my kids are always very helpful to bring me things or get up and come to me, instead of me go to them. That's an odd concept for me, because I'm so used to being the one up and around. However, if those little things can help my fluid retention and my resulting CANKLES (ugh!!!) then I'm all for it. My massage therapist told me that it's not getting any worse - that she can still definitely feel bones in there, so I guess that's a bit of comfort.
This week will be an interesting one - and one that I'm hoping to get another snowday or two! It's supposed to get frigidly cold around here and it would absolutely not break my heart to get another day. Tuesday my mom and I are going to Wharton Center to see Legally Blonde the musical - I absolutely cannot wait!!! We bought the tickets in the summer, hoping that almost 5 weeks before my due date would be safe. Unfortunately, there are several shows coming in the few weeks past my due date that we also would have loved to have seen. Oh well, they'll come around again! Other than that, it's supposed to be a pretty normal week - oh! Except for 2 showers next weekend! :) Fun fun! :)
Have a good week everyone! Stay warm!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Holy Crap that is a lot of clothes. Is her shoe collection already that large? How about her Brighton and Coach collection. I love this girl already:) Beautiful job on the room. This is one lucky little angel.

cmrteach said...

That closet couldn't stay empty for long! She has some shoes - my mom picked up these adorable little pink fake uggs that I cannot wait to put on her!! No Brighton and Coach for her quite yet - I'm sure she'll either be borrowing or inheriting some of mine before long! In looking at that pic again, I realize that some of my coach bags are still in that closet - I need to move those - she can't have them yet!!

Emily said...

If I was still your massage therapist you wouldn't have cankles to begin with.
(I'm acting like this is your problem now, even though I'm the one who left you.) :)