Wednesday, January 21, 2009

36 Weeks

Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.
**********************

Sorry about the lateness of this post. I'm not sure what I was waiting for. I guess I was hoping to have some pictures downloaded onto my computer to share, and that hasn't happened. So, here's my post sans pics.

Since my last post:
I had a doctor's appointment and all was great. T came with me and heard the heartbeat for the first time - strong and steady 150 bpm.

I had two baby showers! Wonderfully fun times! :) I think we're all set for her to get here!

My mom and I went and saw Legally Blonde the musical. It was one of the best shows that I've seen in a loooooong time. And as an added bonus, we got to see the original Elle from Broadway - I was so excited and she definitely didn't disappoint!

My long-term sub has started taking over. I've had several days off over the last few weeks. This week, she's been with me observing for 2 days and I've had a conference and a meeting so she's there without me for a couple days. I think that this week is going to be it for me. If I keep teaching, I think that she will come early since I'm on my feet so much. I was already dilated to 1cm last week and I'm retaining so much fluid that I don't recognize my feet anymore. I want her to stay in and cook as long as possible! Anyway, I think that we found a good fit for my class - she seems very comfortable with my class and eager to get going.

This weekend we're going to get the last of what we think we need. I'm also planning on packing my "goodie bag" as they called it at birth class. It's my bag to take to the hospital.

In just a couple days, I will be at 37 weeks and considered full term. How fast this whole journey has been!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love your very last line. How true. Enjoy what time you have left and rest. The best is yet to come.