Wednesday, July 26, 2006

chocdogmama


So why am I the Chocolate Dog Mama? My husband and I have 2 chocolate labs - they're our entertainment. The "old man" is Smokey (left) - he's 8 but with hip issues, allergies, and seperation anxiety, he seems a lot older than that. He also has the loudest bark you ever would hear. He's our guard dog - that is if someone comes up the driveway while he's not sleeping. He sheds and sheds and sheds and sheds. He makes these funny noises - half groan, half sigh. Smokey's past times are stealing your spot on the couch when you get up, and farting. They're not just the normal silent-dog-fart. Some of them are so loud that you would have thought all he subsided on were refried beans and broccoli. No such luck- only Pro Plan. Our youngin' is Remy- short for Remington. He has the shiniest, softest coat of any dog I've ever known. He also has what I refer to as "wild eyes". He can be hyper, crazy, skiddish, and altogether goofy. Remy will not step on slippery floors. Our hardwood floors are covered with rugs which is called "remy's runway". He also has a sweet baby side of him. I call him my "cuddle bug" - he is known to steal your couch spot too, but he will always slide over so he can climb onto your lap. I took this picture last winter after I had bought some soft underwear that had little stickers that said "feel me". I thought they looked really funny on the dogs' heads. T did not agree. I was able to snap this momento quickly before the stickers came off. They're my babies! :)

5 comments:

melinda said...

I totally think the "feel me" stickers are appropriate! Your write up of each dog made me laugh! They are souch cute boys!!!

cmrteach said...

They are! They're great 87 pound lap dogs. Well, at least Remy is. Smokey likes his own spot on the couch.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should have left the stickers where they were originally, then perhaps T would have enjoyed them more.....