Friday, January 26, 2007

Finally Friday

No, I have not been on one, continuous snow day since my last post. I wish! This week I took my class to our local YMCA for water safety/swimming lessons. The kids had a blast (it's usually a third grade highlight). Every other year, I just sit and watch - take pictures and get caught up on paperwork or take my phone and check email. This year, they didn't have enough volunteers to help out, so I went in the pool too. I love to swim and I had a great time. I'm always amazed at the amount of kids who have never been in a pool before. My parents have home movies of me jumping off the diving board when I was 2 and a half. No swimmies either- they were for wussies! Every summer we spent at the cottage and I was always in the lake. I had a little blow-up boat that I used to row all over. When I was little, my grandpa was worried I'd go out too deep and he'd tie me and my boat to a tree in the yard. I hated that damn rope. Anyway, swimming is great, and if you don't do it- try it! Or the lifeguard will just throw you in. Either way.

I did receive one oddball comment from one of my goofy kids. The first day that I walked out to the pool deck in my swimsuit, the kid says to me, "Wow, you're Mrs. R. PG-13!" I really wasn't showing that much cleavage! I never ever know what's going to come out of their precious little mouths. :)

This week I have been hard at work on a dvd for a little celebration that b and I are planning for our theatre group. Scanning sucks. Scanning poor-quality, older than dirt newspaper clippings sucks even more. I think that I am finally done scanning and can now put the thing together. BTW- I do that- make fun dvds for parties, anniversaries, weddings, etc. T thinks I need to start a little business doing it - if interested, give me a call. :) Anyway, the party is Sunday and I really hope it goes well. This is the first major function that the board has trusted us with. Plus, it's the first giving of our new awards. Like the Tony's - we have the Spiro's. Named after one of our longtime directors. I'm even nominated for best supporting actress for my portrayal of the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella. I don't think that I'm going to win - but it was an honor to be nominated! :) ha ha... I'll keep you updated next week of the results.

In other news, I was saddened to hear of the passing of K's grandpa. Much love goes out to her and her family.

In more other news, I don't know what the deal is lately with all the people around me having those 'come to my party and buy stuff' things. They're everywhere! So far, just this week, I have purchased from Stampin' Up, Creative Memories, and Lia Sophia jewelry. Why? I have no idea? Moments of weakness, I presume. Will I have enough in my checking account this month to pay my mortgage? Maybe. Will I have some kick ass new stamps and scrapbooking stuff instead? Definitely. :) BTW- I'm thinking of hosting a CM party soon. Anyone interested? shameless plugs all over this post... sorry!!

Okay, it's Friday. It's after school. My report cards are done. My papers are (almost) graded. I'm whipped. Going home. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Good luck with everything!