Saturday, August 02, 2008

12 Weeks

Today marks 12 weeks:

How your baby's growing:The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

****************

Does anyone else out there think that a proper lime is larger than 2 inches?

This week has been much more uneventful and that's great!! During the week, I mostly layed low in the afternoons to catch up on my rest. I felt much better. Maybe I'm getting to that "feeling not like crap anymore" stage. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Friday night we went out to a lovely fancy dinner with some friends at the English Inn in Eaton Rapids. Wow! I was impressed! I hope I get to go back someday! I had Lobster and enjoyed every second. :)

Saturday I slept in and then my mom came over to help with some reorganization. Holy cow, I can't believe all that we got done. Basically, my closet set-up was as follows: The closet off our bedroom contained all T's clothes, and my in season things, the closet in what will be the nursey contained my off-season clothes, and a closet in the basement held my fancy/show clothes that I don't need to look at every day. Please note that I love clothes. Therefore, I have a ton of them. Shopping used to be a part of my weekly routine. It was a rare weekend that I didn't visit a mall. And these closets I am referring to are large walk-ins and a 6 foot long closet. I wanted to condense things down to just have all my clothes in one closet. Crazy thought, I know! So my mom came over and I totally purged an ass-load of clothes. Many still had the tags on or were only worn once. I will be having a massive garage sale on Aug 23 - if anyone out there wears size L-XL, size 14 - it will be like a department store! We even got the things I dug out priced! It was a big day!

On Friday, we are getting a pellet stove insert for our fireplace. T did lots and lots of research, and after receiving our projected propane budget (which went up over $100 a month!), we took the plunge and ordered one. Basically, with the cost of the wood pellets, we would spend approx. $600 a winter to heat our home, as opposed to $3600 to heat with only propane. Ouch! We figured it would take only a couple years for the insert to pay for itself at this savings! With all the other expenses coming, wherever we can save, we're going to jump at it! I'm also very seriously considering using cloth diapers for the baby - save money and the environment. More on that research/decision later...

Oh! And because of the insert, we had to move the furniture in the living room (no furniture can be within 3 feet- and the coffee table was just inside that). Some switcheroo things happened today. I'm still getting used to it. Almost 4 years of having things one way and my diminished brain capacity as of late, have made this change not my favorite. I think that it will be just fine. However, my immediate concern is WHERE WILL THE CHRISTMAS TREE GO?!??! The former spot is now occupied by the giant brown chair. Ugh. I know I have many months to contemplate my options, it's just really bugging me right now. I have to obsess about something!

Heartburn has also entered my life this week. Lovely. I get to go to the doctor for my 12 week appointment on Wednesday. I will be able to hear the heartbeat at that one! **happy happy clap clap clap** More updates after my appt!

No comments: