Sunday, December 21, 2008

32 Weeks

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
******************

Wow, 32 weeks - it's really getting down there! I'm feeling more and more like a beached whale everyday. Especially when I try to get up from the comfy chair or the floor. Excellent.

I went and saw my eye doctor this week and he told me that my farsightedness hasn't really changed, but my nearsightedness has and the reason that I can't see far as well is because my eyes are exerting so much extra energy to see near that I have a hard time flipping over to see far. So, we're looking at some readers or other glasses on top of my contacts. I have to go back tomorrow to see if I do the same things and if so, then he'll figure out the treatment. Super.

I also go for my 32 week appt. tomorrow. I will for sure be referred on to my delivering doctor then. I don't think that my physician wants to give me up. She always says, "Oh! My favorite OB patient!" when she walks into the room. But unless she's planning on delivering this baby, then I need to start getting to know someone else.

I received an early Christmas present in the form of an additional day off added to my Christmas break! We had a snow day on Friday, which puts our grand total of days off at 17! :) I am sooooo ready for this break. I really like my class this year - although there are still days when I want to pop some heads off, but there's always those kids - it's not that I need a break from them. I just need a break from actually doing things! I seem to do pretty okay in the mornings, but by lunchtime, I really don't want to go back upstairs for the afternoon. Luckily, my school starts earlier (and ends earlier) so our morning is actually longer than the afternoon. January is going to be interesting for me!!

We have a crazy amount of snow and it just keeps coming! We were supposed to have my aunt and uncle and cousin over today for our Christmas, and no one is going anywhere! It's actually snowing sideways and we're supposed to get like another 8" of snow today - on top of the 12" that we got on Friday! Crazy! I remember so many Christmases here in Michigan where there was no snow at all. One of my favorite Christmases when I was a kid was up at the cottage and I got a new bike - and got to ride it most of the afternoon because it was pretty warm and there was no snow.

Last night, T and I went to a holiday gathering at some friends' house and had a great time (and no, I'm not just writing that because I know they read this blog!). I love all the holiday food, fun and getting together that we never seem to get around to doing during the rest of the year.

Saturday I learned how to make my dad's chowder! :) It took pretty much all afternoon to make 2 batches - but it was definitely worth it. It's something that cannot be rushed - which is hard for me to do. It turned out to be not as difficult as I had imagined. The recipe in the book makes no sense to me whatsoever - there really aren't directions, just ingredients listed in order that you add them. I cannot cook like that. So, I took a lot of notes. The second batch, I pretty much did on my own and I didn't screw it up! :) Yesterday, we finished all of it just as we were about to leave to go out, so I didn't get to try any of it - today I will though!

Well, it's a good day to stay inside and work on Christmas things - I'm planning on getting my wrapping all done today. T said he's trying to work up the courage to walk to the end of the driveway to see if the Sunday paper got here. Our road actually did get plowed yesterday - it's probably all drifted back over again now. I hope that wherever you are - you are safe and cozy at home, enjoying the season! If I don't post again before Thursday - have a wonderful Christmas! :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

G'day matey! I just want to say that I am completely happy for you to be done with the wrapping...and a little envious...I am considering putting things in Meijer sacks and tying them shut. It's definitely a viable option!