Saturday, December 27, 2008

33 Weeks

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
**********************

Santa brought me more stretch marks for Christmas. Ho ho ho.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :) I think that we had the best Christmas ever. It's been a wonderful few days. Unfortunately, we were unable to have Christmas with my aunt and uncle and cousins - we had a quick meetup at Pan.era's and exchanged gifts. Also, because of the weather, T and I were unable to make it to T's parents' house for the family gathering - it was just toooooo nasty around here for us to venture out. :( Christmas morning, we were all up around 7am to open our gifts and see what Santa brought our way. Some of my fav gifts had to be a portable dvd player, video camera, and the complete SatC series (I'm an electronics junkie). My grandparents and other uncle and his girlfriend came over Christmas night. It's kind of a pain to get all the present carnage cleaned up to have company over that night, but it's also a nice excuse to get my butt in gear and get things put away and back to normal. Traditionally, my mom and I have always gone out at the before-crack-of-dawn the day after Christmas to do some shopping. Again, the weather made us stay tucked inside. We did venture out around noon and we got some great deals. I managed to get us a new Christmas tree - much to T's delight! All I heard this year was complaining during the putting up of our tree, so I found a 7' slim, pre-lit with white lights tree - exactly what I was looking for, for 70% off! :) Whoohoo! Next year will be much easier! I not only came home with a new tree and other 50% off Christmas goodies, but I also came home with a 40" LCD sony tv! :) I had a nice target coupon that helped a lot - and we had been talking for quite some time about getting a new tv. We spend a lot of time at home (fine with us - where do I want to go anymore?!?) and we watch quite a bit of tv. It's just beautiful. :) Now, I need to contact Direct.tv so that we can get an HD dish to make the picture even better. It's definitely an upgrade to go from our former 27" normal tv to a 40" widescreen. Love. It. Merry Christmas to me. :)

I had my 32 week appt this past week and all was fine. Although, she did think that just based on the exam, that she may be breech - but there's still time for her to wiggle around where she needs to be. I did get referred on to my delivering doctor - I will see him Jan. 5.

On the way to my appt, I ran into some very nasty road conditions that totally freaked me out. My normal 7 min. trip into town took me 20 min. All the ice made me very edgy. Roads have never really made me feel like that before. I drive a big truck and I've always gone wherever whenever I wanted to. I'm careful and have never really had any problems. Needless to say, when I got to my appt, my blood pressure was higher than it's ever been. Ugh!
That day I also went back to the eye doctor and found out that I need to wear readers on top of my contacts. I still need to go pick those up...

Here are a few pics from the past week or so. Those of you who still have time off - enjoy it!

This is a pic of a pheasant that I took from my kitchen window on our snow day.


C - the little musical genius! :)

My parents' dog Ellie on Christmas morning. All the excitement tuckered her out. :)

Me in one of my favorite places - the couch - with two of my fav dogs - Ellie and Smokey - and yes, that is a piece of my grandma's pecan pie on my lap. :) Yum!

No comments: