Saturday, February 14, 2009

40 Weeks

It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. The biggest part of your baby's body is her head, but her still-pliable skull will give it the flexibility necessary to squeeze through the birth canal. Many parents are surprised by how long and sharp their newborn's nails are from the get-go. Clipping them right away (ask a nurse for help) can prevent your baby from scratching her face.
*********************

My mom has declared that she "can't take it anymore." T will go run errands for an hour and call me 4 times while he's gone just checking in. The phone rings constantly with friends and relatives wondering if anything has happened yet. The day is winding down and it doesn't really look promising for a due date birth. As I type this, there are still 5 hours left to the day, so who really knows.

I hope everyone out there had a lovely Valentine's Day. This is the first VD since T and I have been together that we haven't gone out. I took a nice long nap this afternoon and when I woke up, T had fixed a nice dinner. I don't have much room left, so I just had a little, but it was still yummy and appreciated. This morning I also woke up to my favorite breakfast - Belgian waffles and turkey sausage. It's been a good eating day around our house! I got a mother and child locket after breakfast - very pretty! No pics to put in it yet - hopefully soon.

It feels like she's squirming all over in there. My OB always says that an active baby is a healthy baby. Well, she must be one healthy kid! Seems like she'd be running out of room in there to move. My belly keeps getting tight, but I don't have any pain and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.

More updates later...

No comments: