Monday, February 16, 2009

INDUCTION!!

Today is DD plus 2. At my OB appt. this morning, I was still at 2.5 cm. He said we could wait it out for another week or so, but she would just be in there getting bigger. So, our choice was to either wait and see if she comes on her own in the next week, or go in and be induced tomorrow. We quickly agreed that tomorrow was the way to go! :) So, we're scheduled to check in at 8am to get things started. We didn't know what was going to happen at the OB today, so we packed up all our stuff and got it in the truck just in case, so the truck is already packed and ready.

When we left his office, I called my mom and all she could say was "Ok, ok, ok, ok" - I could just hear the wheels turning in her head of what she needed to do and what was going to happen. We told her that they didn't need to be there right away - it should take a while to get things going.

After the OB, we went and stocked up on some bread at one of our fav places - Great Har.vest. Then it was off to the chiropractor for an adjustment and a nice relaxing massage.

We had a nice lunch and then our plan was to go walk around the mall, but I was getting tired from all the excitement of the morning and I thought that maybe I needed to conserve my energy from tomorrow (!) so we came home.

It's so nice to finally have a date - we thought we had a date for the 14th - but now it's a definite date!! :) Hooray!! My next post should be from the hospital! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

OMG!!!! I am so excited for you. How nice to know that the end/beginning is now insight. I will be praying that all goes well and as pain free as possible minus any nurses with man hands:) I can't wait to hear your birth story.

Andrea said...

AHHHH!! You are so close to holding your little one. We are so excited for you...can't wait to read your post tomorrow!!!